Monday, November 23, 2015

A Purrfect Family Member



There is someone that you should all meet, someone who came into my life at one of the hardest times and somehow reminded me how it is all about this little things. Her name is Ella and she is my five month old kitten and I am totally a crazy kitten mom.


I adopted Ella through Camp Companion a shelter in Rochester, MN.  Her mother was a feral cat who died after giving birth to Ella and her sister. Tragically I could not adopt both kittens but her sister Candy has been adopted. Ella and I have been stuck together for over a month and I have yet to kill either one of us so I think that is a fair accomplishment.

I never saw myself as being the college girl who owned a kitten, I knew I would want a cat eventually but I never thought it would be so soon. But when I walked in I just knew the she was the kitten that was meant for me. Do I think that at 22 I was ready to have a kitten? Probably not. But I would not trade this for anything. When I feel frustrated and wonder if I made the right choice and if I am a good kitty mom I have these little moments with her that show me that it will be okay.


Like when I was gone overnight and the second I walked through the door she ran to me, or the fact she follows me around the apartment no matter what. The amazing moment when you wake up to a kitten curled up by your face, or the way she purrs louder just for me. So maybe I am not the perfect kitty mom but I think we are perfect for each other.

Sorry for the post about my kitten but she is the one constant in my life right now. I wouldn’t trade getting to rescue her for anything. My little Ella Bella and I are partners in crime.

With love,
Zoey and Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment