Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Panda

I have been mysteriously MIA when it comes to knitting (and blogging) partly because I have been working crazy hours and also because I have been knitting something very special. My dad turned 50 last week and just like he said he wanted he got a Harley panda bear.



This adorable panda is a pattern from Sarah Keen I knitted it from my copy of her Wild Animal book, but it is available online. The pattern is written for you to knit everything flat and seem it together, but we all know my sewing talents. (or lack there of) So instead I knit the body, head, and tail in the round, and suffered through seeming the rest.(It actually wasn't that bad) The hardest part was embroidering the white eyes, because once again, I can't sew. So they turned out a little wonky looking.

He loved it though and who knew a 50 year old man could get so excited about a teddy bear. When I give away things I knit as presents to friends and family it really reminds me why I do this. Personally I hate scarves and hates and pretty much all knitted things, but I knit with love to give to the people I love. It is what makes knitting worth it.

- Zoey

1 comment: