Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Noel, Glitter, and Christmas



It is that time of year again…

Where I may or may not go a little Christmas crazy a little sooner than most people would prefer. But it is not just the sparkles and catchy songs that make me fall in love with Christmas. I love that the soul reason for this holiday is to celebrate selfless love. It is supposed to be about giving, about reflecting on the gift God gave all of this.

I know not everyone is religious or worships the same God I do. I know not everyone celebrates Christmas (Shout out to Hobby Lobby for having a whole Hanakuha section). It should not be about the name of the holiday though. I am always a little confused by the people who believe anytime is too early to celebrate Christmas. Since when is celebrating this time of the year such a bad thing? A time of year that is meant to inspire compassion and generosity, encourages people to take a step back and spend time with their loved ones, a holiday based out of the idea of selfless love. I know you might get sick of the glitter and the Christmas carols but I think the fact people want to celebrate this kind of joy and love should never be discouraged. I think it is something we should be celebrating all year.

As I gear up to decorate my apartment, harass store clerks with my overly perky spirit, and sing Santa Baby at the top of my lungs I just wanted to take the time to remind myself what it is all about. This season for me is about coming back to Christ and remembering the ultimate gift I have already received.

Oh by the way hello again! Hopefully there will be more blogs to follow.

With love,
Zoey

No comments:

Post a Comment