Monday, August 6, 2012

Finally Off the Wheel!

So I mentioned a while ago I was spinning that light blue merino/tussah roving and yesterday I finally finished it up! It was so different to spin, sometimes it felt like it just slipped through my fingers. After a while though I finally got in the grove and I completely love the yarn I got from it! 2 ounces, 92 yards, and oh so soft!


Just checked and it comes in at a DK weight yarn with 11 wpi. This isn't my only finished yarn though. Right after getting this off the wheel I started spinning my other 2 ounces of merino/tussah that I won on a give away over at the wonderful blog A Year at the Wheel! It was a joy to spin since I was already used to the tussah/merino mix. This one only comes in at about 75 yards, I think I got a little spin happy and made it thicker.


I am planning to do a stripe slouch hat with both of them, or maybe a little cowl. Who knows but I love both of them so much. The pictures really don't do justice how the great shine and lusciousness of this yarn. I am still knitting away at that hat and am over half done! Still getting a little nervous about figuring out my own decreases but while at the MOA I picked up a book about the basics of writing your own pattern. I will for sure be talking more about that wonderful book in my next post.


Oh and we had way too much fun at the MOA! Though going there on a Saturday is never the best idea. I know I have a fail monster face. It's still crazy to think her and I have been friends for eight years and yet this year we are going to be so far apart! I am seriously just trying not to dwell on that! I hope you all are having a great Monday. (or the best Monday a Monday can be!)


1 comment:

  1. You have been spinning up a storm! I love both skeins, they should definitely be knit up as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete