Monday, January 16, 2012

The Spinning Addiction

The title is a lie, well mostly a lie. I am not quiet at the addicted level of spinning but I am probably at the obsessive level. One of my wonderful knitting related presents from my father was the supplies needed to start spinning. I got a couple (hanks?) of already dyed fiber which I just started spinning last night.

Also though I got a ton of raw alpaca fiber (which I just want to curl up in). I had to learn to card which was an interesting process. I thought I had enough done to try spinning with, if only I could go back and tell myself no.

Spinning is so much harder then even I thought it was going to be. There is so much going on that my mind spazzed out for a bit before I realized what was going on. Eventually I just had to stop myself and took that yarn and tried to knit with it.

My lesson to everyone; when all else fails knit a coffee cozy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment